Designed By: Jennifer Zmurchyk
This crochet scarf is nice and cozy and perfect for a chilly winter day. It works up quickly and uses only two skeins of yarn – one that is self striping and one black for the accent.
Finished measurements of this scarf are app. 80” x 9”, and the pattern is written in easy to follow US crochet terms.
If you are interested in purchasing the PDF downloadable version of this crochet pattern available exclusively on Ravelry which includes detailed stitch charts as well as easy to follow instructions written in US crochet terms, please click the Ravelry button below to purchase. Thank you for your support which helps me to continue bringing you more free crochet patterns! Thank you…..Jen 🙂
Click the Ravelry link below to purchase the downloadable PDF version of this crochet pattern pattern
Luscious Lilacs Crochet Scarf Pattern:
Level: Easy – Requires color changes
Time to Complete: App. 5 hours
Finished Measurements: App. 80” by 9”
- MC (master color)1 skein Caron Cakes Bumbleberry (200g skein, 80% acrylic, 20% wool), or 200g size 4 medium worsted weight yarn of your choice
- CC (contrasting color) 1 skein Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice Black 100g, or 100g of size 4 worsted yarn of your choice
- 5.50mm (I/9) crochet hook
- Darning needle for assembly
Stitches: (U.S. Standard Abbreviations and Terms)
ch: chain sc: single crochet
tr: treble crochet dtr: double treble crochet
sl st: slip stitch sp: space
tr v-stitch: treble crochet v-stitch yo: yarn over
- To work a tr (treble crochet stitch), yo twice, insert hook in indicated space, yo, pulling through one loop, [yo, draw through two loops on hook] three times, one loop remaining on hook
- To work a tr v-stitch (treble crochet v-stitch), work [tr, ch3, tr] in indicated space
- To work a dtr (double-treble crochet), yo hook 3 times, insert hook in indicated stitch, yo, draw through loop, yo, draw through 2 loops on hook] 4 times, one loop remaining on hook
- To work a sl st (slip stitch), insert hook in indicated space, yo, draw through two loops on hook, one loop remaining on hook
- To work a sc (single crochet), insert hook insert hook in indicated space, yo, draw through one loop on hook, yo, draw through 2 loops on hook, on loop remaining on hook
*note: For this pattern, I split up the different colors of the self-striping yarn for the rows using the MC. This step is optional if using self-striping yarn.
With CC and 5.50mm hook, ch217 (or ch in multiples of 5, plus 2 for desired length)
Row 1: tr in 7th ch from hook (counts as first tr v-stitch), *[sk next 4 ch, tr v-stitch in next ch], repeat from * across, switching to MC in last tr, fasten off CC, turn (43 tr v-stitches)
Row 2: with MC, sl st in first ch3 sp, ch 4 (counts as first dtr), 4 dtr in same ch3 sp *[sk next two tr, 5 dtr in next ch3 sp], repeat from * across, switching to CC in last tr, fasten off MC, turn (43, 5 dtr groups)
Row 3: with CC,sk first dtr, sl st in next 2 dtr (you should end up in the 3rd stitch in the first 5dtr group of the last row), ch 6, tr in same sp (counts as first tr v-stitch), *[sk next 4 dtr, tr v-stitch in next dtr], repeat from * across, switching to MC in the last tr, fasten off CC, turn (43 tr v-stitches)
Row 4 through 9: repeat row 2 and 3, alternating rows, at the end of row 9, do not fasten off CC, turn
Row 10: sl st in first ch3 sp of last tr v-stitch from row 9, ch5 (counts as first sc, ch4), *[sc in ch3 sp of next tr v-stitch, ch4], repeat from * across to last tr v-stitch, sc in ch3 sp of last tr v-stitch, fasten off
Finishing: Weave ends in using darning needle. To block, hand wash in cold water and lay flat to dry in desired shape.